Friday 16 September 2011

Going to the World Cup

After the season ended against Bluefield myself and the team were pretty disappointed that we just played our last game of the year, but that disappointed was short lived because before I left the USA I received an e-mail from the CEO of the Australian Baseball Federation informing me that I had been selected in the Australian team to play in the World Cup in Panama. It was an unexpected surprise and I'm honoured to be given the chance to wear the green and gold of Australia again. I'm the youngest player selected in the team which I've become very used to in the last year, being the youngest pitcher on the team in Elizabethton and also being the youngest pitcher on the team for the Sydney Blue Sox many times I had to carry around the pink candy bag many times during the season. The World Cup should be a great experience for me, being around so many veteran and experienced players, so hopefully I will be able to feed of their knowledge and be able to take my game to another level.

I'll be seeing many familiar faces from the Twins there, with Max Kepler and Marcus Solbach playing for Germany, and also Tom Stuifbergen playing for the Netherlands. So hopefully I'll get to catch up with them at some point during the tournament.

Pitching for Australia at the BCO Championships - 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment