Tuesday 19 July 2011

Down Time in Etown

When I first started writing this blog, I wrote an entry on down time whilst in Florida. Well since I'm playing in a new league in a new town with game times being different to those back in Florida, what we do in our down time is much different. Nearly all of our games start at 7:00pm so that means we have the entire morning and a little bit of the afternoon to ourselves.

On the two days after I pitch, I have to go to the gym at 10:00am. So those are the days I have to wake up earlier then I would want to. On most days I would wake up around 10:00am and go make some breakfast, which is usually just any sort of cereal. By that time Madison and Steven are already awake, and since we don't have cable TV, we always put in a movie to watch. Steven has a folder with around 70 DVDs in it, so we always have something to watch each day. After the movie or during the movie we usually make our lunch. I'm quite boring when it comes to making food, so I use my George Foreman Grill and cook up some chicken, steak or pork chops and eat that with a side of pasta, noodles or mashed potatoes. After the movies over and lunch is done, I usually just sit on the computer or lay down on my lovely air mattress before getting ready to go to the field. The pitchers stretch at the field at 3:05pm everyday, so we usually try and get to the field around 2:00pm, just so we have time to settled in, get dressed and relax.

After the games over its around 10:00pm so we may go get food some nights, but we usually just head back to the house and put on a movie, sometimes if we get back to the house we will watch 2 movies like we did last night. Not too long ago Steven and me had a little Harry Potter marathon and watched the Harry Potter movies one night at time in preparation for the final one. A few nights ago Madison started to anaylze some dreams that Steven and me have been having, and I might say, his interpretation of our dreams opened some eyes. So we usually have some fun at night.

I tend to not get so bored here, since I have pretty fun room mates and we find something to do most days, even if it is the same thing over and over again, but this is apart of being a minor league baseball player, and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment