Friday 10 June 2011

Extended Spring Over

That is correct, Extended Spring training is now over for us here at the Minnesota Twins. Its been a fun and hard 8 weeks, but I'm glad to say I got through it injury free, other then a small case of dead arm. Now that Extended is over, our season will begin. We will have a 1 week mini camp when all the new players from the draft arrives, then we will be put into our teams, either with the Elizabethton Twins in Tennessee, or staying in Florida to play in the GCL Twins.

After playing 12 weeks of unofficial games, I'm sure its safe to say that everyone is looking forward for our season to start, where statistics are kept, where we play for a record, and where we play for a championship. Everyones goal in the Minor Leagues is to make it to the Major Leagues, and the 2nd goal would be surely to win a championship while in the Minor Leagues. One of my friends over at the Philadelphia Phillies has been lucky enough to be part of 3 Championship teams in the past 2 seasons, yes, that is correct, 3 championships in 2 years.

I'm not sure where I will be playing this season, but all I know is I'm going to be giving it everything I got, and hopefully come home with a GCL or Appalachian League Championship under my belt.

1 comment:

  1. As long as you give something more than your best every time - there will be no room for regrets.

    ReplyDelete