Friday 20 May 2011

Quote of the Day

As I was warming up down right field line today before our game against the Red Sox, I could see all the Red Sox players crowding around 2 people, so I wondered for a second what was going on. I didn't pay much attention to it, until I heard this coming from within the crowd.



"Ka mate! ka mate! ka ora! ka ora! 
Ka mate! ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!
          Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuru
Nāna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā
Ā, upane! ka upane!
Ā, upane, ka upane, whiti te ra"



Yes, you are correct, I did in fact hear the New Zealand Haka while on a baseball field in the middle of the day in Florida. I have pretty bad eyesight but I'm pretty sure it was Boss Moanaroa and his fellow New Zealand team mate Beau Bishop leading the war cry. It did get me a bit fired up for the game as it added a bit of  an Australia vs New Zealand feel to the game, luckily I didn't have to pitch to either Boss or Beau, because I'm sure they would have been just as pumped as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment