Tuesday 17 May 2011

Quote of the Day

In Extended Spring Training at the moment, we have Jim Thome here on rehab, who is no doubt a first ballot Hall of Famer. Yesterday he participated in a simulated game and was facing some Twins minor league pitchers. He struck out twice against one of our left handed pitchers, and when I asked that pitcher what his thought process was when Jim Thome came up to bat, and this is what he had to say:

"Well, I was going to take it easy on him since he's been injured, but I saw him come up to bat with the one ear piece helmet, his socks up and the elbow guard, so then I was like, this is on!"

He did say this as a joke, and in no way meant to disrespect Jim Thome, but it was one of the funnier statements I have heard since I have been in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment