Monday 28 March 2011

Last Week

Tomorrow will mark the start of the last week of Spring Training. So far Spring Training has gone for 17 days, and we have been at the field for 5-8 hours everyday, for no pay as well. You could ask over and over, why do we do it? and you would get the same reason from me every time, it's for the love of the game. Being on a baseball diamond everyday is better then anything else I could think of doing with my life. Of course in the end the goal would be to play in the Major Leagues, but as long as I get to lace up a pair of Nike cleats in the morning, instead of buttoning up a suit, I will always have a smile on my face.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Spring Training this year, met a lot of really awesome guys, and been doing well on the field. So far I have thrown 4 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks and 6 strikeouts.

After Spring Training I will get two days off, to relax and unwind, before 8 weeks of Extended Spring training begins, and at the end of all that, hopefully I will find myself playing for the Elizabethton Twins in the Rookie Appalachian League.

No comments:

Post a Comment