Wednesday, 2 March 2011

The Flight

This is my 3rd year doing the Sydney to Tampa flight, and I must say, this time around it has been very enjoyable for many reasons.

On the flight to Los Angeles which was about 13 hours, I slept for 10 of them, with the help of some sleeping tablets. Only had time to watch one movie before I fell asleep, which was 127 Hours, a true story about a hiker he has to cut off his own arm to stay alive, after being trapped for, you guessed it, 127 hours, was a bit slow but still a very good movie in my opinion. Once I fell asleep I only woke up a a few times, but other then that, it was a solid 10 hour sleep. Once I woke up with about an hour to go, had time to watch an Arj Barker Stand Up show, which had me actually laughing out loud on the plane.

Once I landed in Los Angeles, went through customs, and re-checked my bags, I then settled at the gates for my flight to Dallas. When I got on board the flight, I noticed that they had Wi-Fi on board, and if anyone knows me, they know I love spending a bit of time on Facebook, so as soon as we could use electronic items, got my laptop down from the overhead compartment, and starting Facebooking straight away. Sitting on Facebook did make the 2 hour 20 minute flight fly by, no pun intended. Did have an embaressing moment though, I was listening to music via iTunes on the laptop, thinking I had my headphones plugged in, but they weren't fully in, so everyone around me could hear what I was listening to, and no, I wasn't listening to Taylor Swift at the time.

It was only a 50 minute wait in Dallas before I boarded my final flight to Tampa. I got on the plane and it had Wi-Fi as well, so naturally, I started Facebooking again, but this time on my iPhone as I was too lazy to get my laptop out. This flight was the only one where I didn't get some sleep, so it did feel like the longest one. When I got to Tampa and collected my bags, one of them was broken, one of the side handles had been broken off, I was quite disappointed seeing as though my mum only bought the bag two days earlier. Scott Mathieson picked me up at the airport and then we drove off to his house. Where I am writing from, and now I it's time for me to get some sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Todd - the suitcase has a Warrenty. Keep it safe - we can try and get it replaced.